Thursday, June 14, 2012

The difficulties we face

The difficulties we face in life are different for everyone. For me, I face challenges everyday. I have anxieties that affect the way I live my life. I have a personal battle lately to finally cut the ties with a man I loved more than I loved myself.

I realized that he had texted me. I didn't notice for ten days. I had to double check to be sure it was even his number. I had a choice in that moment. I could give in and answer, or I could delete it and hold firm in letting go of him. I deleted it.

You have to understand that for the last two years. Whenever I was lonely I texted Chris. He was always there when I had no friends around or no one to share my thought with. But he wasn't a friend and he wasn't a lover. He just existed to remind me that we were apart. I never got to heal. Now, I am giving myself a chance to succeed at being whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment