Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The end of a beginning

I graduate on saturday. I will walk across that stage and get my diploma. I will be the proud bearer of a BA in psychology and english with a concentration in creative writing. I will have completed the beginning portion of my young grown up life. I am now looking at car insurance and possible jobs out of state. Im thinking about marriage, babies, houses, and furniture. My finances revolve around questions like "can I eat more than ramen this week?" And "gas prices went up AGAIN!?!". While it may not sound the most exciting, it is for me. I am living a life that the broken little college freshman I was three years ago never could have imagined. The road to get here has not been easy. I have been broken down and ground into dust so many times I've lost count, yet every time I rise again stronger and wiser than before. I made mistakes that helped me learn. I have made my own decisions against the judgment of those around me and I have proven them wrong. I am thriving. I may not ever be rich, heck with 60,000 bucks of student loan debt I may be poor forever, but I am getting by. I have enough. So graduation is not a beginning for me. Its the end of the start of my life on my own two feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment