Friday, January 27, 2012

Faith kick...

With my new years resolutions, which I am still keeping along with a better diet, I have kind of fallen back on my faith roots. Trying to be a better person just fits with the whole believing in God and heaven and hell and maybe some sort of balance in the universe. Grant it, you won't see me coming back to the Catholic church anytime soon, however that is a different post.

I know I would not have the strength or courage to keep with my new years resolutions or to believe in myself. I have so many mental health problems and not too mention I am not happy with my physical appearance sometimes, but knowing there is some power out there that loves unconditionally is reassuring.

Being a better person also gives me hope that someday I will make it to heaven. Part of why I completely quit believing was because I didn't want to confront my faults and the reality that I probably would have gone to hell. No joke. I was seriously making poor choices. But, I learned.

Balance in the world, or a concept of Karma, is something I have come to find extremely true in my life and in life in general. Call it what you want, but you do good and get good or you do bad and you get bad. I felt bad when I was making poor decisions; I feel great when I make good choices. Karma dictates cause and effect in the universe. That is a logical principle that I can buy into. It makes sense to me.

All in all, I have found myself instinctively listening to Christian music and making conscious decisions about right and wrong. I feel like something out there, God, is guiding me through the trials of living a good life and helping me when I stumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment