Sunday, January 8, 2012

Those Crazy Days...

Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things in life get busy and crazy. Our plans seem out of control and the to do list never seems to get done. These days are the most interesting days. On days where we have less time to think and more just acting moments, we learn defining characteristics about ourselves. When we rush around trying to do it all, we learn what really matters because those things naturally get done first.

Crazy days always make me appreciate the quiet at the end of the day. I love these moments where I can sit and write while breathing a sigh of relief that the day is done. It makes the quiet moments count.

Part of my new years resolution is to be honest. I have come to find in just these short 8 days that honesty really makes a difference in how we view the world and how the world views us. When I can speak from the heart and mean what I say it really gets my point across much better than if I tried to lie and get around a question or topic.

On crazy days, like this weekend and all last week, honesty helps me get through the day. Busy days make for little time to craft and keep up with lies. Being honest allows me to say no in situations where previously I would not have been able to say no. I can admit when I want time alone and I can say no to the not so good boys that come a calling. Honesty has given me a strengthening of character.

So, to end my crazy weekend and to prepare for the crazy 4 days ahead, I say goodnight. Let all the dreams be good and all our busy days end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment