Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolutions : 2012

My new years this year was spent in simplicity with my family at home quietly watching the ball drop on T.V. and enjoying some quality country music along the way. I could have tagged along with friends and been cray on new years, but I think the way I spent this one was perfect for my resolutions.

This year, 2012, I resolve:
1. No kissing douche bags, including Chris, Cam, Colby, etc. Even when I don't think they are douche bags, I resolve to not kiss them or anything! Yay me! lol
2. No sex outside of a relationship. This piggy backs on the first resolution, but still it is worth the clarification.
3. Be honest. I am going to be honest in my whole life; no lies to anyone, even myself. Being honest about what I want and who I am will help me be the strongest person I can be.

Overall, I really am proud of my resolutions.

It took me a long time to stand up for myself with those dumb boys and tell them no. When Chris, the douche of all douches, asked me to "hang out" like we always do, I said no. I put my foot down and told him unless he wanted to just talk he was not going to be seeing me. Then after I said that and he responded, I told him it was time for him to go away. Sure, I shed a few tears that night, but I woke up a stronger person and more comfortable with myself than I have been in a long time.

This year is going to be a year where I can really shine. I'm working on my anxiety and combating the OCD. I'm doing all the work I can for my class over J-term and for the following spring semester. I am going to make this year one for the record books in my life. Screw this "end of the world" business. It will be the end of the world as we know because for once, I feel fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment