Monday, April 9, 2012

turning a new leaf

We always say we turn a new leaf when we make a major life change. Now, this phrase seems a little silly, but if you think of the beauty in a new leaf turning towards the sun to catch its warmth to fuel its growth you can see just how powerful turning a new leaf can be.

As I have grown up, I have gained a better control over my emotions, actions, and decisions in life. Part of this is control of my anger and the way I handle being angry or frustrated. Knowing myself, I take time to myself when I'm having a hard time or a bad day. When my time to myself is taken over and infiltrated I am going to get mad. I will not scream or readily cry. I will not throw out punches or be rude. However, if you try to push me even an inch when I'm done for the day and you have already inhibited my sleep, I will get mad and I will say something. If you choose to take what I say personally, that is your consequince of pissing me off.

My new leaf that I have turned in college here is just starting to reach for the sun. I will fight for that warmth and happiness and no cloud, however paige selfish it may be, will stop me.

So, tonight, I give silence its old home and curl in bed and let my dreams process what I cannot right now. Good night and let me sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment